Monday, January 15, 2007

Why the big three suck

Is there anything dumber that new car shows or concept shows?? I mean I love a cool ride as much as the next guy, but what is the freaking point??

Here is a tip for you morons running Ford and Chevy. If your going to spend a bajillion dollars to build one of these concept cars, why not produce something that even remotely resembles it and sell them..

Usually you see this at the show...










But this is what ends up at the showroom...







And the morons at Chevy are as guilty as the fools at Ford

See This








But you get this at the showroom...






Then you retards wonder why your getting your asses handed to you year in and year out. Its all about quality and style, and right now your 3rd place in each, at best. Change it, or be gone.

While talking about old style manufacturers, Dan Akroyd's character "Zalinski" said in the movie Tommyboy, "Sure its sad to carry the old pooch out back and bash him in the head with a shovel, but that's life kid."

The American Consumer has the shovel in its hands, and is waking toward you. What are you going to do? Roll over and die, or Fight for your survival?

Build something that looks good while lasting 200,000 miles, or quit.

Impossible?? Not hardly. My fourth Maxima in a row just cracked 200,000. Not a one has had a wrench turned on it. Well, the first one did have a cracked head at 275,000 miles, but with a little JB Weld, it lasted me another 15,000. I sold it to a friend, and he drove it for another 18 months before he sold it..

I also had a Lumina in there as well. It started having bad trouble around 80,000, and was nearly dead at 100,000.

I'd love to be able to buy American cars, I would. But Momma didn't raise no fool. With my cost per mile being about 1/2 to 1/3 less with a foreign car, well, your making my choice easy.

It took the Japanese about 20 years to get the reputation they have. I'd say you guys have about half that or less to get your act's together.... Or get bashed..


That is all...

3 comments:

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

In my defense, anecdotal evidence aside,the big 3, esp GM is right up there in quality with most of the other mfgs. Ref JD Powers and others. Granted, however, the made a lot of shit in the 80's and 90's.

Anecdotal, but my friend Cavalier rolled over the 200K mark 2 years ago...

However, the MSM will put GM recalls on page 1 or 2, and toyota recalls on page 16c. The left hates American auto companies because they are big evil polluting corportations that make gas guzzlers.
Unlike Toyota which is a big corporation that makes trucks and SUV's too. Hmmmm.

r_mate_e said...

CUG, I never thought about the MSM angle before, and I agree. Good Point.

I will say that no vehicle I have had of American make has lasted much over 100,000 miles. I am extremely hard on vehicles, extremely, and from my experience they just do not last like a maxima.

I have no toyota experience. Don't want any..

Maybe when my life gears down a notch I can go back to American cars.

NotClauswitz said...

I had a Toyota truck with over 170K on it, my current and bigger '95 Ford has that as well now an it's in better shape and going strong(er) still than the Toyota. Mine has the beloved old, and now gone, straight-six 305cu pushrod never-die motor. My previous car experience has been with '60- era VW's, a later '60-s era slant-six dodge Valient/Cuda, and a 60's era MBZ-200. My wife has a POS mid 90's BMW now. I'm not likely to go back to cars, I like trucks.