Tuesday, December 26, 2006

After Christmas Thoughts

Well, another Christmas has come and gone, and its back to the grind after a little time off. Looking back over the Holiday, doesn't it always seem that the best gifts do not come in boxes??

My oldest daughter, who was down for the holidays, gave me that one this year. I don't recall exactly what we were talking about, but her, my wife, and I were sitting there and out of the blue, she said that she wanted a revolver for her graduation in May. She thought she might need one for protection at some point, and wanted to be very familiar with it if that time came. She also thought that they were "cool" looking.

I've carried her with me to the range every time she's been here, and the opportunity arose. And have tried to show her the correct and responsible way to handle firearms. We've also discussed that firearms are a tool, and that their maintenance and handling can save lives, or take them.

I never really knew what she thought about guns until now. Guess i did a little something right..


That is all...

1 comment:

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

You did indeed do something right!
Congrats.

I bought my daughter a GP 100 for her 12th birthday.
She'll be old enough to legally own/posses it in about a year.
Guess I'll have an empty spot to fill in the gun safe... ;)