Friday, December 29, 2006

r_mate_e... Renaissance Man

Yes, you heard me right, I am a Renaissance Man. Today, I insulated a large addition to my home, relieved my wife's insomnia, built my daughter a train out of her Thomas the train track sets that spanned the entire living room, fed the entire family, practiced my guitar, and cleaned my "assault shotgun."

And I do not want to hear any guff because the cure for insomnia came from a store's med section in the form of Tylenol PM, or because the food came from a local eatery.. I am sure if Leonardo DaVinci had access to easy over the counter drugs and food, he'd have done the same thing...



Which brings me to another funny thing that happened while retrieving said Tylenol PM. While sanding in the pain reliever isle looking for it, an obviously very recently married couple came in. The very young female was leading the way, and had a very stern look about her. The male, dragging in tow, had a look about him like that of a beat down dog.

After waiting on the slower young man, toe tapping, the young woman pointed to the product that she wanted, and obligingly, the young man reached for it.. It was.. Pamparin.

As the couple walked back past me toward the cash registers, the young man tossed a glance my way. I returned it with a knowing nod of the head.

Welcome to manhood son...



That is all

1 comment:

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Heh.
Welcome to manhood, indeed.

Uhh, you know, that was a great post and all, but WHERE IS THE PICTURE OF THE ASSAULT SHOTGUN!?!?!?!?

Dang, man! Where are your priorities?