Thursday, November 30, 2006

Don’t think a no knock raid could happen to you???

With this topic being a touchy subject with me already, last night I thought about my own situation, and examined how every day events could be misread by the cops if they didn’t perform their due diligence, with which it is becoming obvious that they do not in A LOT of cases..

Not too long ago, I had an addition to my home built, and in this process, I had several large deposits go into my normal checking account. I was advised by my loan officer that it would be cheaper on me to advance money off of 0% interest credit cards, and then come back when the addition was through, and they’d provide the final financing.

Now with the feds automatically tipped off at any deposit you make over 1500.00 that is out of your normal deposit schedule, this sent up a red flag for a perfectly innocent situation. (This part is fact, not speculation)

Let’s say that the local fed outfit calls my local boys in blue, and asks them to look into my comings and goings. They do so by interviewing the nosy little old lady across the street. (She really exist BTW) She tells them there are people coming and going at all hours of the night..

Being as she beds down at 8:30 or so every night, what was friends helping me out with labor until about 9:00 pm several nights, now looks like a swinging drug house to the boys..

So, backed up by this “extensive”, “irrefutable” information (/sarcasm), they secure a search warrant from the local DA who is hard up to show that he/she is tough on drugs. They have to win re-election in a year or so don’t they???? And with hardly anything “big” ever happening around these parts, the chances to prove that illegal drug hatred are slim to none.

So, with circumstantial information at best, the boys now have a warrant to enter my home. I won’t speculate on what would happen when that occurred, I just wanted to impress upon you that it can wrongly happen to you and me just as easily as it has happened to hundreds of family’s and individuals all across this country.

And BTW, I hate drugs, and I think that if you use them you’re a dumbass. No ifs, ands, or buts. I also support my local police department through anonymous charity every year. I respect the job most of them do. But that would have no effect on the above scenario. I say this to impress that I am no cop hater. I have family that wears blue for chrissake. But this has to stop. There is no need for it. It jeopardizes innocent citizens and cops alike, and only serves to undermine any trust we have in the police.

No comments: